First food blog post! Remember hating those steamed/boiled brussel sprouts that you had when you were younger? Bland and mushy? They’re even stigmatized in the media. Well, this simple recipe from Ina Garten will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! ..or at least your opinion about brussel sprouts and I believe you will keep making them time after time.
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts (we normally buy 1 lb bags)
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- a sprinkle of garlic powder (optional)
- mixing bowl
- baking sheets (takes a lot of space)
Things to note:
TIME THIS RECIPE SO IT WILL BE THE LAST (OR CLOSE TO THE LAST) DISH TO FINISH COOKING. IT MUST BE EATEN RIGHT OUT OF THE OVEN as it cools down very fast.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut ends off brussels sprouts, cut into 1/2s or 1/4s, depending on size
- Toss sprouts in mixing bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper
- Put in oven for ~8 mins, give a shake/turn. Shorter time if cut in 1/4s.
- Put in oven for another ~8 mins or until they are looking crispy roasted
- EAT QUICKLY OR ELSE IT WILL GET COLD AND SAD
I especially love the crispy ones; they taste just like chips! This veggie dish goes great with pasta or seafood.