I am lucky that I am not on any special diets because I enjoy the hearing the crispy skins on these roasted chicken thighs and drumsticks. The meat itself always comes out succulent and juicy too. This is so-so-so-SO good with just ol’ salt and pepper too, but other seasonings can be added to satisfy almost any picky eaters.
- Bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks or thighs (skin-less works too)
- Olive oil
- Your choice of seasonings
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Clean chicken under water and pat dry with paper towel (doesn’t need to be completely dry).
- Lather the chicken with olive oil.
- Season on top and bottom of chicken with choice of:
- Italian seasoning + garlic salt + pepper or
- Cayenne, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper or
- Garam Masala, salt, pepper
- Bake for 25 mins (drumsticks) or 30 mins (thighs)
- Check for doneness by poking with chopstick – if liquid runs clear, it is done! If not, put it back into the oven and check back every 2-3 mins or so. It’s normal to see brown mushy things around the bone as that is the cooked blood, so just brush that off to the side.
Recipe inspiration from the Primal Palate.