This recipe is actually my Bubee’s. This snack is so refreshingly yummy to eat and light on the stomach too. We usually like to spread the tuna salad on some Ritz crackers, but it can also be made into a lunch sandwich.
Ingredients: 4 servings if in sandwich, 6-8 servings if just on crackers
- 2 cans chunk tuna preferably in oil and not water (5 oz each can)
- 3 tbsp mayo (or 4?)
- 1 stalk celery
- diced onion
- 1 hard boiled egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- crackers, bread or anything to eat them on
- Boil the eggs. To prevent over-boiling the yolk, we boil the eggs by 1) adding the eggs to a pot uncovered and letting the water boil, 2) once the water boils, turn off the heat and move the pot off the heat, and cover pot with lid, and 3) let the eggs sit in the pot for 8 minutes before placing them in cold water to cool off.
- Add the tuna, mayo, diced onions and cut celery into a mixing bowl and mix them.
- After peeling the egg shells, cut the egg into small cubes and add it to the mix. You want to add the egg after the first mixing in Step 2 as the egg is more fragile, so be gentle when mixing the egg.
- If the mixture looks a bit dry, you can add another tbsp of
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
This can be served immediately or stored in the fridge (for up to maybe 1 week?).